Ramblings

Tonight I leave you with just a few ramblings that I have been thinking about this week. Peace and Love, D.

It’s All About The Hair
I was driving with the window down and it was nice not to have hair blowing in my face constantly stinging my skin and getting in my eyes. It was also nice not to have to worry about windblown frizzy hair. Hey!! I won't have to worry about frizzy hair from the Houston humidity either. WooHoo!

Earlier this week I was at the mall and for the first time ever the creepy guy, who sells the flat irons for your hair, didn’t ask me to try his not so special flat iron. When I walk through the mall next time will the shoe shine guy offer to shine my head for a quarter?

Mommy’s have a very special gift, we have eyes in the back of our heads. We have a way of watching our little bundles of joy/trouble without really having to see them. Once my head is bald will Garrett go looking for my eyes? Uh-Oh! I better come up with a quick response when he asks “Mami where are your eyes? The eyes in the back of your head? I don’t see them.”

Winds of Cancer
It was very windy today, the trees were swaying one way then the other, traffic lights were jiggling on the lines, and one particular street sign (@ Richmond & Briarpark) was taking a true beating. Now I sit here several hours later and the winds have eased up and then stopped.

Cancer is the wind of the life. It has a way of blowing you in one direction then in another and often in a whirlwind effect. It jiggles your emotions and stability. It can be a true beating. But like the wind the cancer will ease up and eventually stop.

Although my days ahead consist of battling cancer I hope they are not particularly windy.

6 comments:

Donna Evans | April 5, 2009 at 8:31 PM

I hope they are not windy either! Good luck tomorrow D! I will be praying for you and thinking of you all day! I love you girl! Hang in there!

Basackwords | April 6, 2009 at 1:25 PM

Diana - Through this whirlwind you find joy in the most unsuspecting places. You can always make me laugh! I hope today (4/7/09) is as good as last Monday. My thoughts and prayers are with you. -Kelly

Izzy | April 6, 2009 at 7:50 PM

Diana -
I just found out what is going on (thanks for your inspirational blog) I will be rooting for you during your wild ride. My dad was diagnosed with non-Hodgkins lymphoma a few weeks after James was born. After some chemo and radiation, he has been cancer free for almost 4 years now. I hope everything goes smoothly for you too and that this is all behind you very soon. If you need anything - a playdate at the park, a hot meal for the family, please let me know!

Anonymous | April 7, 2009 at 2:40 PM

Diana:

Met you yesterday in the support group. You have the perfect attitude and will weather this storm fine. Please take the time to get the rest you need. Chemo is incredibly exhausting and if it doesn't hit you right away, the weariness will come later. Also, make sure you get a dietary guide - your body will be changing and your eating habits are as important as your rest. All of us cancer patients are in your corner and rooting for you. Please feel free to rely on us.

Be Encouraged,

Rameen

Cristina's Bitch Spot | April 7, 2009 at 8:51 PM

Rameen's comments are very true. Rest, rest and more rest are the main keys. Do what ever it takes. I know it sucks to not have Garrett tonight but I promise you in the long run its worth it. I've told you from the start how much I love you. You are so strong and couragous I am just at a wow watching you. I don't have just one hero anymore, I know have two. You keep going and then you celebrate at the end and scream YOU DID it....love ya girl!

For Garrett
ANd the eyes are hiding Garrett so you can't see them.....

Liz Wolford | April 8, 2009 at 7:07 PM

Hahah...I'm so annoyed by the guy with the flat iron and the girl that wants to look at my hands to show me some special lotion!