Doing the Happy Dance!

Sooooooooooo.......Oh yea! Do the happy dance with me guys. Uh huh! Uh huh! Break it on down. U! h! huh! U! h! huh! woo woo! woo woo!

Tuesday I had an appointment to go over my PET scan results. My Parents and Lionel went with me, we sat in the small exam room and waited for a while. Again like the first appointment with Dr. A as we waited we joked around and again my dad, Lionel and I managed of offend my mom. She must think we joke to much.

What wasn't a joke, was Dr. A walking into the room giving me a high five. This is a good sign! This is a very good sign!! We then go over my PET scans, and they look sooo cool! In March Dr.A didn't show me my PET Scan, and to be fair I didn't ask to see. I'm glad now I didn't see the images in March cause HOLY COW there was bright cancerus areas that seemed to be huge and all over the place. I think seeing those images first going into chemo and being newly diagnosed would have scared the crap out of me.

Their was such a difference in the cancerus areas between the old PET scan and the one from a few Fridays ago. The cancerus areas are gone...yep that's right I said it.... The cancer is gone!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm only halfway through treatment and we have already succeeded in killing the cancer!

I am so happy and estatic and just full of joy and glee. It's taken me a few days to post about this cause it's taken me a few days to stop crying about it. haha..happy tears of course.

Thank you everyone for all your support and prayers. I know that Gods hands are weaving my cancer story. As he answers prayers the blanket weaves tighter and stronger. Praise God in all of this, and may be bless all of you.

So where do we go from here.....as i mentioned above I'm only at the halfway point of treatment and already the cancer is gone...so yep....more treatment. I have 4 more rounds to go. The good news is that Dr. A is giving me a break between each round. WOOHOO!! I will have about a week and half off between chemo...it will look a little something like this.

6/8- no chemo
6/9- still no chemo
6/10- Chemo round 5 Day 1 about 3hours in THE CHAIR and I come home with Flo (Lionel and I now refer to her as Flo the Bitch) and a handful of chemo pills
6/11- Chemo Round 5 Day 2 about 90mins in the chair and Flo goes back to her locker and a handful of chemo pills
6/12- Chemo Round 5 day 3 about 90mins in the chair and a handful of chemo pills and a handful of chemo pills
6/13- Chemo Round 5 day 4 handfull of chemo pills
6/14- Chemo Round 5 day 5 handfull of chemo pills

6/15- Chemo Round 5 day 6 handfull of chemo pills
6/16-Chemo Round 5 day 7 handfull of chemo pills
6/17- Chemo Round 5 day 8 Flo comes home with me, and about 30mins in the chair
6/18- DONE with this round of chemo Flo goes back to her locker
6/19- rest
6/20- rest
6/21- rest

6/22-6/30 CHEMO VACATION

7/1 the process starts all over again........ But I'm almost done! The end is near!

4 comments:

Unknown | June 7, 2009 at 5:00 AM

so so happy :D whoo you go girl!!! xxxxxx

Unknown | June 8, 2009 at 7:38 AM

The power of prayer is awesome, and your attitude is awesome as well, the two together are very strong. I also had tears of joy for you!!!!!!!!

Veronica Zorrilla | July 21, 2009 at 8:59 AM

I'm soooooo doing the happpy dance with you!!!

Gabby Cruz | July 30, 2009 at 12:55 PM

I'm sooo happy for you. Having confidence, being positive and a great support system holds you up. But, most of all talking from experience ( my dad battle prostate cancer for 5 years) the most important part of going through something like cancer is your attitude and you have one of the MOST AWESOME attitudes I have ever see!! GREAT FOR YOU