Hello from the chemo chair....

Hello from the chemo chair....
I brought my laptop into chemo today, so I thought I would post a little blog.

As I type this Nurse G is taking blood through my port...no worries it doesn't hurt. I hope my blood count levels are good. Aside from checking blood levels today I'm also taking an IV bag of anti nausea, a shot for my red blood cells and for my white as well....plus good ol' Flo the pump comes home with me today.

Friday the 30th I have a PET scan schedule to see how well we have kicking Hodgkin's ass! I am excited I can't wait for the results from Dr. A on June 3rd. Althought I know the PET scan is going to show amazing things I still hold reservations. Why? because I know no matter how good things look I still have more chemo to go through. This PET scan is only the 1/2 mark.

I'm also worried because over the past 2 weeks my night sweets have come back. I have been getting so hot everynight that I undress and reposition directly under the fat while I sleep. I don't think this is a very good sign, especially since this was one of my sypmtoms when I was first diagnosed. AW Crap.....

I totally don't mind being bald, and 8 times out of 10 I'd rather be out and about with out a hat or scarf....and I DO NOT want to have anything to do with a wig!

Bald Diary Entry 052709: Is it odd that I wash my bare scalp with volumizing shampoo and conditioner that containers hemp seed extracts? Perhaps it will cause new hair to grow out full and beautiful and help kick the nausea from chemo this morning. Only time will tell.

0 comments: