C to the R- AZY!

The past week was C to the R- AZY!!! By Friday I was exhausted. It was a crazy week but I enjoyed every minute of it!

As a reward/gift/prize for the bullshit of the bone marrow biopsy- I got my hair cut Tuesday afternoon. I have wanted to go short for a while now but, it’s like having Hodgkin’s gave me the courage to go super short. I am so glad I did! I LOVE my new hair cut and wish I had done it sooner!! Garrett took a few pictures at the salon. He said to me “You look beautiful Mami!” This makes me melt inside. I live for this feeling!

Saturday morning there was a rosary held at my parent’s house. Friends and family came over and we prayed for those who are ill, on hard time, and in need. While we offered up our intentions it was so hard for me to speak. It was like there was a huge frog in my throat. You know the frog…the one that chokes you up. Yet some how I managed to croak out asking for courage, peace and understanding, for me and also for 2 of my friends going through cancer. I want the healing power of Christ to be with them too, as one battles Hodgkin’s and the other Breast Cancer. Saturday mornings are so incredible because of the love that is there, the healing that is taking place, and the presence of God. I live for Saturday mornings!

The Ulloa Ladies dinner Saturday night was great! My aunts, mom, cousins and I all got together to celebrate the January-March birthdays. We had good food and good laughs together. I ate as much as I could because I just don’t know how treatments are going to affect my taste buds and appetite. In the past week I have eaten so much and have had all my favorite things…besides Chicken Mole. I could go for some of Mami’s Chicken Mole. I live for time with my family and good food!

I am a bit of a planner and a scheduler, not knowing what’s going to happen past Monday makes me nervous. Monday I will go to Dr. A’s office and find out my staging and treatment. I will get more answers to my laundry list of question. But what’s going to happen after Monday? What will happen this week? Is this the week that is going to change everything? The week that I jump off the high dive into the pool of cancer sharks bellow?

Thank y’all so much for the emails and comments of encouragement, support and love. I am so blessed to have such a great group of people around me. When I’m feeling weak, I love coming to my blog and logging into my email and re-reading y’alls words. I find strength in that, and for that gift I cannot thank y’all enough.

Pictures of the week

Before

Ahhh, not going to have to spend so much $ on hair products!

The Hair Cut


After


At work on Wednesday

2 comments:

Unknown | March 30, 2009 at 1:25 PM

hurray for hair bravery!!! xx

Tia Chacha | March 30, 2009 at 7:39 PM

You are a Phenomenal Woman. I love the new hair style. Keep up the great attitude.