Telescope Girl

Girls Night Out was a total blast! We got pedicures and drank wine at a salon and then we went to the Olive Garden. I had such a great time, and I look forward to our next get together!!

When I sat down in the pedicure spa chair, I look up and there is a cancer patient across the room in a pedicure chair. I am taken back.

She was young... A lot like me
She was tall and thin... A lot like me
She wore a blackhead scarf... Kind of like my dark hair
She was with a friend.... A lot like me
She has cancer.... A lot like me.

I wanted to yell across the room "Hey! Me too! I'm a cancer
fighter too!"
Seeing her was like a glimpse into the future. My future, a good future.

She seemed Strong… Like I am trying to be
She seemed “Normal”… Like I want to stay
She was with someone who loved her…. A lot like me.

When she left I wanted to call out "No! Don't go! We just met!" It is as if she was my telescope into the distant, yet too soon future. Where I see myself Strong, "Normal" and with friends and family that love me.

I thank God for my Telescope Girl. For showing me that the future is good and the future is now.

A few photos from Girls Night Out


Allison and I

Hilary, Bethany, Alex and Liz

My chemo cocktail?
Well maybe my friend's cocktails.

5 comments:

Donna Evans | March 23, 2009 at 6:05 AM

What a great idea this is! Especially for friends like me that have too many miles between us. Glad you had a great night out and that you had the chance to meet Telescope girl. It's a sign of hope. You're in my prayers and heart always.

Liz Wolford | March 23, 2009 at 7:34 AM

I had a great time as well and am glad you enjoyed yourself!! I can't wait until next month - I am going to start planning today!

Rachael | March 23, 2009 at 12:49 PM

I admire your optimism! This blog will be a great thing for you. You are a fighter in every aspect of your life and this will be no exception! Glad you had a fun time this weekend. Wish I was there to join you. My heels are in dire need of some TLC. I love ya girl!

Unknown | March 23, 2009 at 3:10 PM

Thanks for sharing your journey with us. I can't wait for more get togethers!

Cristina's Bitch Spot | March 23, 2009 at 6:44 PM

You already know my feelings! I love you little lady!
You big sis in heart!

C