Where does that leave me?

The basics…I’m married to a devoted and loving husband, Lionel. We have a bright and funny son, Garrett who is 5 years old. Our town home is in the Westchase area of town. We are only a short distance from my parents, and I love that!

I work as a Marketing Coordinator for a construction management company. I enjoy my career, building it in the design and construction industry has been incredible. My work is so much of who I am.

In February 16th I had a head to toe physical with blood work done, as a Happy 26th birthday gift to myself. The same day Dr. B send me to Dr. Mas Cabesa (Dr. Moorhead), ENT for a feel up. February 20th I had a CT Scan, the contrast they injected into me, made me feel as if I had wet my pants. It was so strange! Somewhere between that Dr. B calls me in to discuss what my diagnosis could be. Hodgkin’s Lymphoma, I could be looking at cancer. CRAP! On March 4th I had a biopsy done of swollen lymph nodes in the left side of my collar bone. The biopsy results came back Classic Hodgkin’s Lymphoma on March 9th. On March 10th I meet my Oncologist Dr. A. March 11th I had my wisdom teeth remove (all of my dental work needs to be done before chemo) Okay breath…deep breaths…steady now…I know I’m dizzy from the whirlwind of events.

So, where does that leave me? I’m not exactly sure; I have asked myself a few times already.

It leaves me living life with cancer,
Leaves me with many questions,
Leaves me with few answers
Leaves me with lots of tears
Leaves me dependent on others,
Leaves me surrounded by people who care about me
It leaves me exactly where I’m supposed to be.



5 comments:

Donna Evans | March 23, 2009 at 6:17 AM

Deep breaths D! One day at a time and it could even be 1 hour at a time on bad days. Hang in there because you are surrounded by great people that love you and that's so important right now.

Liz Wolford | March 23, 2009 at 7:30 AM

It's great you are keeping a blog...like you said, when it's all over you can look back and see how strong you were. Even when you are at your worst know that we are here to keep you strong!!

Tia RosaMaria | April 1, 2009 at 7:34 AM

Diana, you are amazing. I love you and will walk with you every step of the way.

Veronica Zorrilla | April 2, 2009 at 9:26 AM
This comment has been removed by the author.
Veronica Zorrilla | April 2, 2009 at 9:30 AM

Well we haven't known each other for very long but I really love your attitude on life... You're a very strong minded women and admire the way that you have confronted this. I know you will look back at all this and bounce thru the rest of your live saying I beat this and forever be happy go lucky because that is just who you are... I'll be here if you need anything....